Pelham Pack 1 (Prospect Hill, Colonial, OLPH)
Cub Scouts is open to all boys in 1st through 5th grades
What do Cub Scouts do?
Tradition: 2010 marked 100 years of Scouting. Experience a time-tested tradition!
- Through hands-on activities, Cub Scouts learn skills and take an active part in the life of our community – our town and our country.
- When we go camping, the boys learn about cooking and eating well, outdoorsmanship, conservation, and cooperation.
- Scouts learn woodworking and craft skills.
- We take overnight trips to historically important places. The boys can work hands-on to help deliver social services to our neighbors in need through food drives, toy drives, and soup kitchens.
- Most importantly, Cub Scouts form a close bond with their parents through one-on-one time and shared adventures.
Boys can join scouting at any age. The “veterans” will help new scouts get up to speed quickly!
Purposes of Cub Scouting
Positively influence character development;
Help boys develop habits and attitudes of good citizenship;
Encourage good sportsmanship and pride in growing strong in mind and body;
Strengthen boys’ ability to get along with other boys and respect other people;
Foster a sense of personal achievement by helping boys develop new interests and skills;
how how to be helpful and do one’s best;
Provide fun and exciting new things to do;
Prepare boys to become Boy Scouts (including learning outdoorsmanship skills).
Tom Fear, Cubmaster
Pack Email: email@example.com
Annual Dues: $110 plus the cost of activities in which you choose to participate.