- Learn and say the Cub Scout motto, the Cub Scout Oath, and the Cub Scout Law;
- Show the Cub Scout sign, salute, and handshake and tell what they mean; and
- Show that you understand and believe that it is important to be honest and trustworthy.
graders work toward the Arrow of Light rank. If a fourth-grade Cub
Scout has completed the Webelos rank, they may begin to work on the
Arrow of Light. The Arrow of Light rank is earned by completing five
adventures as described below. This award is the only Cub Scout badge that can be worn on the Boy Scout
uniform when a boy graduates into a troop. Adult leaders who earned the
Arrow of Light Award when they were young may also show their
achievement by wearing a special square knot on their adult uniform.
1. Be an active member of your Webelos den for three months.
2. Complete each of the four required adventures:
- Building a Better World
- Duty to God in Action
- Outdoor Adventurer
- Scouting Adventure
3. In addition to the four required adventures, complete at least one elective adventure of your den’s or family’s choosing.
4. With your parent, guardian, or other caring adult, complete the exercises in the pamphlet entitled How to Protect Your Children From Child Abuse: A Parent’s Guide.
5. Earn the Cyber Chip award for your age. (The Cyber Chip portion of
this requirement may be waived by your parent or guardian if you do not
have access to the internet.)