1. Salute with your right hand.
2. Hold your fingers as you do for the Cub Scout sign.
3. Keep the two straight fingers close together.
4. Touch the tips of those fingers to your cap.
5. If you are not wearing a cap, touch your eyebrow.
A salute is a way to show respect to your leaders. It shows that you look up to them and respect them. We salute the flag to show respect to our country.
You salute when you are in uniform and the National Colors pass, when you say the pledge of allegiance, or when you are formally acknowledging another Scout, especially leaders.